Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Welcome..........

Well, after a lot of thought and contemplation, I've decided to start blogging as a way of documenting where I'm going and where I've come from. I have absolutely no preconceived ideas about the type of blog I want, just need a place to write down what I'm thinking and how I feel. I've spent a lot of time reading other peoples blogs and have no illusions that I could ever write as well as they can. However, it should be a fun way to spend some time.

To begin with, I guess I should introduce myself in some way. I am the Reformed Yankee. I was born and raised in our Nation's Capital by a pair of democrats who worked for Uncle Sam pushing paper. I quickly saw the error of my Yankee ways and moved to the South as quickly as I could. Consequently, I'm the only one in my family who is conservative, likes guns, drives a pickup truck, hunts and used to chew tobacco. Politically speaking, I'm a middle-of-the-road type of guy. I typically vote Republican because the Democrat stance usually nauseates me but I do have some sympathy with the Libertarian side of things. This WILL not be a political blog because I feel that everyone is entitled to make their own way in that arena. I also am pretty moderate on religion. I don't try and shove my religious beliefs on anyone and I expect the same courtesy in return. If you're easily offended, vegetarian or overly left-wing then this is probably not the blog for you.

What I am is a married man, in my 30s who lives somewhere in the South with my wife and 3 kids. I enjoy hunting, fishing, guns, cooking and spending time with my family. I spent a total of 19 years in EMS before I moved into Law Enforcement. I work as a cop but I'm a father and husband first. Anyhoo, I hope to share some of what I go through as we go along. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment