Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to one and all!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I managed to get off a bit late this morning since I was forced to arrest someone this morning. If you know that you're going to argue with your dad when you drink too much, why wouldn't you just go to sleep instead of continuing the argument? That's all this guy had to do was go to sleep and it would have been fine. Instead, he elected to punch out the window in his bedroom and tell me to arrest him now or else I was going to have to come back and arrest him later.

Folks............for the record, that's NOT a wise thing to say to a law enforcement officer. That results in you being arrested, carted to the hospital since the jail won't take you with the cuts on your hands and then carted to jail once your medical treatment is finished. Not that his injuries were serious but the jail won't take somebody who has injuries if they haven't been medically cleared. Needless to say, I got off late and managed to get home shortly before 7am so all was well and I made it in time to have a wonderful breakfast, watch my family open their presents and open some myself. Then I crashed about 9am and slept until about 3. All in all a wonderful day well spent with my loved ones. Christmas dinner consisted of homemade Brunswick stew courtesy of my mother and father-in-law along with homemade bread, coleslaw and a congealed salad. Toss in some german chocolate cake for dessert and I was about set for the evening. Now it's time to settle down and watch some TV before my friend's podcast kicks off in about an hour. Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment